Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

Áudio Analógico de Portugal

A paixão pelo Áudio
Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

A paixão pelo Áudio
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

InícioPortalÚltimas imagensPublicaçõesRegistrarEntrar
Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

Masterizações

Ir para baixo 
+23
Mário Franco
mannitheear
Pmoura43
TD124
Joaor100
galvaorod
João Henrique
SubZero12
Alexandre Vieira
Pierre
Mr Bojangles
khayman
Ghost4u
jpinto
Cylon
Denon DL-103R
ricardo onga-ku
decibelio
Ferpina
Pedro T.
niko_pt
analog_sa
anibalpmm
27 participantes
Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4
AutorMensagem
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP

Masterizações - Página 4 Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Masterizações   Masterizações - Página 4 EmptyTer Jan 29 2019, 21:00

mannitheear escreveu:
TD124 escreveu:
mannitheear escreveu:
... but the Qobuz stream gave me the second surprise of the last evening: it sounded punchy and has still a lot of live atmosphere! Yet not an "audiophile" recording - but it rocks and gives much fun!

I'm thinking about get a subscription to Qobuz stream, since all my friends have one and they are rather happy with that ... but at the opposite i've got a bad surprise two weeks ago. Since i'm planning to do to myself a streamer (based on Rasp-Pi or Adroid...) i've lend the password of a friend to Qobuz and heard in comparision the Vladimir Horowitz in Moscow (Digital Recording from 1986):

The original vinyl: The piano is clear and very accurate, both on dynamics and band ... both hands are equilibrated in pianissimi or forte. The sound of the public on the room are very realistic and the aplauses fill the space...

The ripped original CD: The sound is less clear and dynamic ... a bit of fuzz on forte doesn't give the same sensation as vinyl. The public sounds are present but the space seems less filled, the emotion is troubled by a lack of light!...

Qobuz stream: The definition is greater than CD or Vinyl but the dynamics are compressed in all the band. The left/right hand play lacks of punch (specially on Scriabin), materia and note lenght. The public is less present and the sounds during concert are difficult to hear clearly. The sonic photography of that special evening is clearly different ... scratch

I haven't made other experiences ... but by the moment i'm a bit cold about Qobuz, i'll try later with more comparisions in another places, systems and records Wink

Biz Man

A few days ago I listened to your CD-rip of this recording and it was a great pleasure.
On Qobuz are at least two different versions available which might sound different also:
http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/vladimir-horowitz-horowitz-in-moscow-vladimir-horowitz/0002894194992
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/horowitz-in-moscow-dg-centenary-edition-1986-vladimir-horowitz/0002894590522
In general, the sound quality of Qobuz is very good, but it depends all on the actual release. Often, as in the Horovitz example, Qobuz offers the luxury of different versions to chose from.
I am quite happy with my subscription, because I can listen instantly to a unbelievable large repertoire of all musical genres and get high resolution files for a discounted price of the MP3 version. And when I have bought a track in high res, it's automatically streamed in high res, too!

You know that I constantly try to improve the sound quality and experiment a lot with digital playback. Recently I returned to Roon because they have implemented the Qobuz integration in their version 1.6. My actual topology follows the advice of Roon to seperate Roon in different functional modules and run them on different machines:

Core (=server) - Macbook
Output (=streaming endpoint) - Raspberry Pi
Control (=remote control) - Smartphone

This runs very smooth and sounds very good, too!

Biz to all!!

Hi Manfred,

I have both CDs. They use the same master. Masterizações - Página 4 2613325421 Censored

Best,
Ricardo
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Masterizações   Masterizações - Página 4 EmptyQui Jan 31 2019, 12:50

TD124 escreveu:
heard in comparision the Vladimir Horowitz in Moscow (Digital Recording from 1986):

The original vinyl: The piano is clear and very accurate, both on dynamics and band ... both hands are equilibrated in pianissimi or forte. The sound of the public on the room are very realistic and the aplauses fill the space...

The ripped original CD: The sound is less clear and dynamic ... a bit of fuzz on forte doesn't give the same sensation as vinyl. The public sounds are present but the space seems less filled, the emotion is troubled by a lack of light!...

Qobuz stream: The definition is greater than CD or Vinyl but the dynamics are compressed in all the band. The left/right hand play lacks of punch (specially on Scriabin), materia and note lenght. The public is less present and the sounds during concert are difficult to hear clearly. The sonic photography of that special evening is clearly different ... scratch

I haven't made other experiences ... but by the moment i'm a bit cold about Qobuz, i'll try later with more comparisions in another places, systems and records Wink

Biz Man

I don't have the vinyl but compared yesterday the two Quobuz versions with the CD rip and could not detect a notable difference in sound.
The conditions were the same for all versions because they all were played straight in Roon without upsampling or any other DSP manipulation.

Biz Paulo!
astra
Membro AAP

MensagemAssunto: Re: Masterizações   Masterizações - Página 4 EmptyTer Fev 26 2019, 17:56

astra escreveu:
Este é um óptimo livro para um audiófilo ler, porque ele examina os detalhes que estão na origem do processo de gravação e relaciona-os directamente com o processo de reprodução.

Masterizações - Página 4 Scan10
Luis Filipe
Membro AAP
Luis Filipe

MensagemAssunto: Re: Masterizações   Masterizações - Página 4 EmptyTer Mar 12 2019, 05:18

ói ói
...bom, a acha que posso lançar no assunto...
tendo algumas obras nos dois tipos de suporte, e, de vários géneros musicais, escutadas com toda atenção no mesmo sistema, não sei bem porquê mas o vinil soa-me muito mais natural, poderá ser do equipamento usado na leitura do vinil ser superior ao do cd, poderá, a verdade é que para ouvir na "voiture" prefiro o cd ou, o tuner. Mas a minha conclusão é: com a idade, estou cada vez a ficar mais surdo e com menor destreza física e necessito dum suporte musical maior e aí, o vinil bate claramente o cd mas, e há sempre um, outra conclusão "se me alembra" e esta para mim a mais importante: que cada um oiça no suporte que mais lhe agrade e como é lema dum ilustre forista " isto do audio é tramado, o que uns amam outros detestam" e, se no vinil fosse falar de qual o melhor sistema para o usufruir ( idler, belt, dd ou mistura de qualquer deles) só iria colocar-me a jeito p'ra levar pancada por isso aqui deixo o meu lema "futebol, política e religião estão bem, lá, onde estão e siga a música" fui...
http://luisgomes@agostinhos.com.pt
nbaptista
Membro AAP

MensagemAssunto: Re: Masterizações   Masterizações - Página 4 EmptyQua Mar 27 2019, 19:16

Bem, hoje comprei um vinyl dos Rolling Stones dos anos 80 e ao passa-lo no meu Rega a 1ª faixa do lado B saltava no fim. Lavei o disco com um detergente especial que tenho e parece que piorou. Levei o vinyl á loja e expliquei o que se passava. No giradiscos da loja não saltou, mas mesmo assim insisti para o trocarem, e lá me fizeram esse favor. agora compreendo porque alguns dizem que as prensagens portuguesas da época eram más, tenho aqui algumas que têm bastante ruido. É absurdo o preço que pedem por vinyl em 2ª mão, ainda para mais alguns que foram "rodados" em gira-discos muito "mauzinhos".
José Miguel
Membro AAP
José Miguel

MensagemAssunto: Re: Masterizações   Masterizações - Página 4 EmptyQui Abr 04 2019, 09:41

Para quem procura comprar de forma preciosa e quer tudo analógico...

Claro que as edições de qualidade têm o seu preço, mas fica a informação.

A lista pode ser vista aqui:
https://www.analogplanet.com/content/100-recommended-all-analog-lp-reissues-worth-owning
Conteúdo patrocinado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Masterizações   Masterizações - Página 4 Empty

Masterizações
Ir para o topo 
Página 4 de 4Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissões neste sub-fórumNão podes responder a tópicos
Áudio Analógico de Portugal :: Phono Geral-
Ir para: