Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

Áudio Analógico de Portugal

A paixão pelo Áudio
Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

A paixão pelo Áudio
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

InícioPortalÚltimas imagensPublicaçõesRegistarEntrar
Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

Manfred's Presentation

Ir para baixo 
+30
Ghost4u
tomaz
raines1978
jcramos
afonso
EMCS
nbunuel
BVG
Djlitss
CNeves
jcl
Mister W
jpamplifiers
Superfrik
TD124
ricardo onga-ku
BAILOTE
Duarte Rosa
Rui Mendes
luis lopes
MicroGruas
Luis Filipe Goios
reirato
zaratustra
fredy
António José da Silva
Fernando Mota
Aspra
Milton
mannitheear
34 participantes
Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Seguinte
AutorMensagem
Rui Mendes
Membro AAP

Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyDom Ago 04 2013, 21:19

António José da Silva escreveu:
Dear Manfred, I think that slowly but sourly, you have a little community in this forum.  Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 491368 

You are not so little Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 57537 
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyDom Ago 04 2013, 21:22

Rui Mendes escreveu:
Dear Manfred, I think that slowly but sourly, you have a little community in this forum.  Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 491368 

You are not so little Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 57537 

I´m the size of a real man.Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 491368 Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 933723 

If what I'm hearing is colouration, then bring on the whole rainbow...

The essential thing is not knowledge, but character.
Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptySeg Ago 05 2013, 11:55

Hi,

currently I'm a bit offline because of a little birthday series in the family and having visitors.

Thank you for the musical suggestions, now I have something to explore.
But it's quite impressive how many interesting topics we have here on page 2 of the thread:

- Hifi Equipment and design
- Music
- Philosophy
- Poetry
- Seafaring

And Antonio seems even able to answer one of the hardest questions that can be asked "what is a real man"... I'm quite clueless about that.

Will be back soon, managed even to tidy up the system a bit!
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptySeg Ago 05 2013, 12:10

The answer is simple, a real man has a Brutus.  lol!

Joseph Le Conte
CNeves
Membro AAP

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptySeg Ago 05 2013, 20:13

Hi Manfred

Welcome

mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 09:24

Mister W escreveu:
Hello Manfred,
Firstly, I wish you a pleasant stay in this place of fellowship and sharing.
Secondly, I'd like to congratulate you for the terrific setup you have.

StSt is a pretty much unknown brand in Portugal, although I always had some curiosity about their products. In particular, StSt turntables are admittedly some of the most beautiful I've ever seen (obviously after the ones from Rui Borges). Very Happy 

What's your opinion? Are they worth the (high) prices they are normally asked for? And what's about their tonearms?
Thank's a lot.

Hi,

thank you for the welcome wishes and the nice words!

I did hear the Motus II occasionally some time ago but could not compare it to other turntables.

First, the StSt turntables (short of the basic model) are suspended, which I consider a good thing. They have some features one will not find easily on other tables: it is possible to adjust azimuth with every tonearm for example and to balance the subchassis statical to every tonearm weight, Platter material is choosed to meet the mechanical impedance of the LP. I never saw the long announced tonearm, but it is built to maximum rigidity, Stefan Strohmetz was s a big fan of Mission Mechanic and knows almost each Mechanic in Germany personally.

Prices are generally high in Germany (too high for a poor family man like me), but if you speak to Stefan and send him greetings from me you could perhaps get a special price Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 675116.

But on the other hand, Rui Borges seems to deliver extreme good quality and unique solutions too for very competitive prices...
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 09:31

jpamplifiers escreveu:

Hello Manfred,
Don't be fooled by the apparent simplicity of the Brutus: inside it, there's a very complex world. And don't forget: the caravel and the astrolabe were the most sofisticated instruments of the epoch.
Keep on having fun with the Brutus.

Hi Joaquim,

you know that the simple fact that Brutus works and especially that it works so well and sounds so good is a miracle for me!
Some fellows of the German analog forum believe to know that a tube only MC phono pre could NEVER work. It should have a excessive excessive high noise level - bit that's NOT  true with Brutus.
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 09:40

microseiki escreveu:
My friends
This post belongs to Mannfred.
In english please
lol! 

Thank you,

I tried to translate some postings before ordering Brutus with google translator, but that worked very poor.

Now I found this and it seems better, while being restricted to english:
weh weh weh dot online-translator dot com Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 936335 
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 09:45

TD124 escreveu:
mannitheear escreveu:
Yes, inside of the Brutus are only very few parts visible, some others may be hidden at the lower surface of the board. The photos of Viriatus show similarly few parts. I am a great fan of minimalistic design that works.

Hi mannitheear cheers 

With only a caravel, a compass and a astrolab, our ancestors have sailed and discovered the entire world, so we can say that the portuguese have invented "the minimalism that works... on sailing at least"!!!

I'm joking of course, but i wish you to spend a good time with us and WELCOME TO AAP Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 96146 

Greatings from france

Hi,

you live in France? Hey, we are almost neighbours!

May I ask where you live? Paris?

Minimalism that works is elegant and beautiful in many cases.

A somewhat opposite design is the famous "Emitter" by ASR. Very good sounding and exceptional musical but far from being minimalistic, so not really my cup of tea.
MicroGruas
Membro AAP
MicroGruas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 10:35

mannitheear escreveu:
microseiki escreveu:
My friends
This post belongs to Mannfred.
In english please
lol! 

Thank you,

I tried to translate some postings before ordering Brutus with google translator, but that worked very poor.

Now I found this and it seems better, while being restricted to english:
weh weh weh dot online-translator dot com Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 936335 

As far as translaters is concern, i love the Yamamoto Sound Craft site!!! Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 265963 

need a few hours to make some sense on those translations!!!

Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 265963 

If theres a subject in a post that you are interested in this forum and is in portuguese feel free to ask a translation in to English, and in German (ask Antonio lol! ).

If theres a chance to facilitate a and increase our foreigner friends/members the better!
Do you no any record shops in germany that we can order records?

I looking for Klaus Nomi!

BAILOTE
Membro AAP
BAILOTE

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 11:38

Sorry to hear about your amp, but everything can be repaired.

[/quote]

Sorry Antonio i don´t agree...you don´t have any type of repair...Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 265963 
Mister W
Membro AAP
Mister W

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 11:52

mannitheear escreveu:
Mister W escreveu:
Hello Manfred,
Firstly, I wish you a pleasant stay in this place of fellowship and sharing.
Secondly, I'd like to congratulate you for the terrific setup you have.

StSt is a pretty much unknown brand in Portugal, although I always had some curiosity about their products. In particular, StSt turntables are admittedly some of the most beautiful I've ever seen (obviously after the ones from Rui Borges). Very Happy 

What's your opinion? Are they worth the (high) prices they are normally asked for? And what's about their tonearms?
Thank's a lot.
Hi,
thank you for the welcome wishes and the nice words!
I did hear the Motus II occasionally some time ago but could not compare it to other turntables.
First, the StSt turntables (short of the basic model) are suspended, which I consider a good thing. They have some features one will not find easily on other tables: it is possible to adjust azimuth with every tonearm for example and to balance the subchassis statical to every tonearm weight, Platter material is choosed to meet the mechanical impedance of the LP. I never saw the long announced tonearm, but it is built to maximum rigidity, Stefan Strohmetz was s a big fan of Mission Mechanic and knows almost each Mechanic in Germany personally.
Prices are generally high in Germany (too high for a poor family man like me), but if you speak to Stefan and send him greetings from me you could perhaps get a special price Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 675116.
But on the other hand, Rui Borges seems to deliver extreme good quality and unique solutions too for very competitive prices...

Thanks for the info. I was not aware that StSt turntables are out of production (if I understood you correctly...).

I appreciate the "offer" but I have to admit it's pure curiosity... Times are difficult (financially speaking) thus I think I'll stick with my old stuff (TD850, TD160B and recently a Russco).

All the best
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 11:57

Mister W escreveu:
Thanks for the info. I was not aware that StSt turntables are out of production (if I understood you correctly...).

Sorry for misleading! StSt turntables are still in production as far as I know!
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 12:10

microseiki escreveu:

Do you no any record shops in germany that we can order records?

I looking for Klaus Nomi!

Klaus Nomi is very special. Did you try ebay?

A list with many online shops can be found at aaanalog.de -> links -> handel.

Personally I ordered yet at JPC, Conaisseur and Dacapo Records. I did not buy many records the last years, tried 96/24 downloads in hope to get "masterband" quality but was a bit dissapointed. More and more stores have vinyl now in display, in Freiburg at least 2 hifi stores, one dedicated CD shop and 2 electronic discounters plus a drugstore with media department.

TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 16:07

mannitheear escreveu:

Hi,

A somewhat opposite design is the famous "Emitter" by ASR. Very good sounding and exceptional musical but far from being minimalistic, so not really my cup of tea.

Salut !

we are neighbours by country!... but foreigners by the distance, because I live in Montpellier near the spanish border at the mediterranean sea. I prefer sea, sex and sun... so Paris can't be my cup of tea... (wine I prefer!), because there is no sea and no sun!!! not even good wine produced there Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 57537  only sex Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 936335 

Yes!, minimalism is an interessant way, both in mechanics and electronic... but infortunately the results are often also!... a minimalistic aproach of music !!! But the times are changing, and there are each year, more and new designs that sound very, very well !!! Minimalism must be a way,... not an objective !!!

Greatings to Germany, and to East/West Berlin where i've drinked a lot (really a LOT !!!) of biers, back at the eightees !!!...

Cheers
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 16:11

TD124 escreveu:
mannitheear escreveu:

Hi,

Salut !

we are neighbours by country!... but foreigners by the distance, because I live in Montpellier near the spanish border at the mediterranean sea. I prefer sea, sex and sun... so Paris can't be my cup of tea... (wine I prefer!), because there is no sea and no sun!!! not even good wine produced there Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 57537  only sex Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 936335 

Yes!, minimalism is an interessant way, both in mechanics and electronic... but infortunately the results are often also!... a minimalistic aproach of music !!! But the times are changing, and there are each year, more and new designs that sound very, very well !!! Minimalism must be a way,... not an objective !!!

Greatings to Germany, and to East/West Berlin where i've drinked a lot (really a LOT !!!) of biers, back at the eightees !!!...

Cheers

Comme dirait Antoine de Saint Exupéry "Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher"...no more and no less.

R
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 16:13

I know Montpellier from holidays, a very nice and charming city! The women there are said to be significant more beautiful than usual. LoL!
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 16:29

mannitheear escreveu:
I know Montpellier from holidays, a very nice and charming city! The women there are said to be significant more beautiful than usual. LoL!

It seems !!!... my wife is from Paris Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 809774 , but both my two ex-wifes are from Montpellier Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 22692 

Life is like audio!... we always desire, what we don't have...

The last words are a joke,... but the first ones are real, and Montpellier is indeed a fine and wonderfull city!

Cheers
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 16:42

Manfred's topic is getting better by the day.

Joseph Le Conte
jpamplifiers
Membro AAP
jpamplifiers

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 17:30

mannitheear escreveu:
jpamplifiers escreveu:

Hello Manfred,
Don't be fooled by the apparent simplicity of the Brutus: inside it, there's a very complex world. And don't forget: the caravel and the astrolabe were the most sofisticated instruments of the epoch.
Keep on having fun with the Brutus.

Hi Joaquim,

you know that the simple fact that Brutus works and especially that it works so well and sounds so good is a miracle for me!
Some fellows of the German analog forum believe to know that a tube only MC phono pre could NEVER work. It should have a excessive excessive high noise level - bit that's NOT  true with Brutus.

Hello Manfred
The noise is not so low... but I'd like to improve even more the noise of Brutus, but I can't, Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 809774  . The quality of the tubes is very important, and the topology of the input floor is fundamental. Sometimes I have to buy 5 or 6 tubes to use only 2. Thus the two extra tubes I sent you  ;  any other tubes you put in there will increase the noise extremely .
Best Regards
reirato
Membro AAP
reirato

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 18:34

jpamplifiers escreveu:
... ...
Thus the two extra tubes I sent you  ;  any other tubes you put in there will increase the noise extremely .
Best Regards

Top notch attention to client, indeed!!
Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 754215 

Way beyond the end of the selling you still care for the hapinness of all of us!!
Well done Joaquim!!
Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 58893 

king
http://arato.rocha@gmail.com
jpamplifiers
Membro AAP
jpamplifiers

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 20:14

Comme dirait Antoine de Saint Exupéry "Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher"...no more and no less.

R[/quote]

Antoine de Saint Exupéry se trouve être mon maître.Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 22692
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 20:17

jpamplifiers escreveu:

R

Antoine de Saint Exupéry se trouve être mon maître.Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 22692[/quote]

Espanhol sim, inglês ainda melhor, alemão é uma maravilha, agora essa língua que ninguém entende é que não.Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 524928826 

Joseph Le Conte
jpamplifiers
Membro AAP
jpamplifiers

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 20:25

jpamplifiers escreveu:

R

Antoine de Saint Exupéry se trouve être mon maître.Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 22692

Espanhol sim, inglês ainda melhor, alemão é uma maravilha, agora essa língua que ninguém entende é que não.Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 524928826 [/quote]

Spanish Etiam melius Anglorum, Germanorum est mirum, quod nemo intellegat hoc modo linguae

hoc non est nisi propter fori poligolotas:)))):
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 20:34

Não admito isso nem ao meu pai....Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 249412 

Joseph Le Conte
jpamplifiers
Membro AAP
jpamplifiers

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 20:38

ocum porcum rabum Toche.
 ut impleant est tomacula Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 22692
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 21:25

jpamplifiers escreveu:
... tomacula Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 22692

Nesse sitio, toma tu....lol! 

Joseph Le Conte
Milton
Membro AAP
Milton

Localização : Scalabicastro, naquele Jardim á beira, mal plantado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 21:44

jpamplifiers escreveu:

ocum porcum rabum Toche.
Em qual seminário estudaste Joaquim ?
lol! 
MicroGruas
Membro AAP
MicroGruas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 21:45

Manfred

you see how fast we can fuck up a post?

we go from serious talk to jokes in a blink of an eye!!

do you know any german cabaret singers!

theres a german singer internationaly known but can´t remenber the name! another one!!!

(my german friend in visiting me more and more - mr Alzeimer!!Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 933723 )

António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 21:48

microseiki escreveu:
Manfred

Or as we say in England, in no time at all.lol! 

Joseph Le Conte
MicroGruas
Membro AAP
MicroGruas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 21:49

JP, love your Avatar

beautifull done!

is it Brutus underside??

not bottom !!!!

António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 21:51

microseiki escreveu:
JP, love your Avatar

beautifull done!

is it Brutus underside??

not bottom !!!!

It´s the beautiful bottom of a Brutus MC. What a sexy ass.Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 491368 

Joseph Le Conte
MicroGruas
Membro AAP
MicroGruas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 21:54

Very nice indeed!

everything in place! symmetric! a joy to look at!

Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 1213685197 
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 22:02

microseiki escreveu:
Very nice indeed!

everything in  place! symmetric! a joy to look at!

I think it´s the 10th commandment that stats that you should not covet another mans phono pré's ass.Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 933723 

Joseph Le Conte
MicroGruas
Membro AAP
MicroGruas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 22:18

microseiki escreveu:
Very nice indeed!

everything in  place! symmetric! a joy to look at!

I think it´s the 10th commandment that stats that you should not covet another mans phono pré's ass.Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 933723 

its just s quick look!!
just a pick!

Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 491368

i´m not spanish!!
(sometimes.....)
jpamplifiers
Membro AAP
jpamplifiers

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 22:40

Milton escreveu:
jpamplifiers escreveu:

ocum porcum rabum Toche.
Em qual seminário estudaste Joaquim ?
lol! 
Foi lá que aprendi a fazer soldaduras enquanto rezava o terço
Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 310490 
jpamplifiers
Membro AAP
jpamplifiers

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyTer Ago 06 2013, 22:47

microseiki escreveu:
JP, love your Avatar

beautifull done!

is it Brutus underside??

not bottom !!!!

Eu por acaso gostava mais do outro Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 265963 

É o Brutus a crescer, na imagem ainda lhe faltam muitos componentes.
É simples mas não tanto hehehe.
reirato
Membro AAP
reirato

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQua Ago 07 2013, 01:28

microseiki escreveu:
... ...
theres a german singer internationaly known but can´t remenber the name! another one!!!

(my german friend in visiting me more and more - mr Alzeimer!!Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 933723 )

Ute Lemper!? ...
Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 Lemper-in-Figaro-Paris
Ute Lemper, als Lola im "Blauen Engel", Berlin.

cheers 

king
http://arato.rocha@gmail.com
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQua Ago 07 2013, 07:38

microseiki escreveu:
Manfred

do you know any german cabaret singers!

Do you mean Marlene Dietrich?

I'm used to mess up threads in a AD/HD manner. Smile))):Can't stay on topic.

Mais, in Germany we are serious people and therefore usually go from serious talk to serious argue Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 848499

mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQua Ago 07 2013, 08:07

jpamplifiers escreveu:
microseiki escreveu:
JP, love your Avatar

beautifull done!

is it Brutus underside??

not bottom !!!!

Eu por acaso gostava mais do outro Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 265963 

É o Brutus a crescer, na imagem ainda lhe faltam muitos componentes.
É simples mas não tanto hehehe.

Ok, Brutus is not that simple.

It seems as "simple" as real poetry or playing masterly chess.

Heard some songs from Simon & Garfunkel's "The Concert in Central Park" yesterday. Wonderful live atmosphere on this album!
ricardo onga-ku
Membro AAP
ricardo onga-ku

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQua Ago 07 2013, 10:54

I remember watching it on TV as a kid, deeply entranced.
It was also the first record I ever bought.

Cheers,
Ricardo
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQua Ago 07 2013, 12:23

ricardo onga-ku escreveu:
I remember watching it on TV as a kid, deeply entranced.
It was also the first record I ever bought.
Cheers,
Ricardo

Have it on DVD, CD and LP. Vinyl sounds best to me! Surprise, surprise! Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 265963
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQua Ago 07 2013, 12:52

I'm overwhelmed about the review you send me. My congrats.....Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 874774 

Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQua Ago 07 2013, 13:20

I'm overwhelmed about the review you send me. My congrats.....Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 874774 

Here you can read it by yourself, original is posted in german open-end-music forum.

http://www.open-end-music.de/vb3/showthread.php?t=6149

I will publish a version in german analog-forum too.

For english version, please scroll down a bit.

And Now for Something Completely Different...

Heute möchte ich euch nämlich über meine neueste und völlig undigitale Errungenschaft berichten, die in verschiedener Hinsicht was ganz Besonderes für mich ist.
Es geht um den Röhren MC Phono-Pre Brutus von Joaquim Pinto Amplifiers aus Portugal.
Was macht nun den Brutus so besonders? Die auffälligste technische Finesse ist zweifellos, daß der Pre zu der sehr seltenen Gattung der rein auf Röhren basierenden MC Pres gehört. Kein Übertrager und schon gar keine Halbleiter oder OPs finden sich im Signalweg. Oft wird behauptet, daß das aufgrund des Eigenrauschens von Röhren physikalisch gar nicht möglich ist, der Brutus beweist jedoch beeindruckend das Gegenteil...

So, aber jetzt mal von vorn. Lange Zeit lag mein Analogzweig fast brach, irgendwie klang es nicht so wie es sollte und wurde daher nur gelegentlich benutzt. Als Drazen dann Analog entdeckte, packte es mich wieder und ich kümmerte mich mal intensiv um meinen Plattenspieler, einem sehr seltenen Mythology Zeus mit fast genauso seltenem Mission Mechanic Tonarm. Eigentlich beste Voraussetzungen für guten Klang. Ich tüftelte also stundenlang am Lagerspiel des Tonarms rum und behob ein kleines Problem mit der Antiskating Feder. Voilà, das brachte tatsächlich den Durchbruch und Analog machte wieder Spaß! Einen wesentlichen Beitrag dazu brachten auch die B-6 Kabel als Phonokabel. Nun war wenigstens Gleichstand mit Digital erreicht, ich wollte aber mehr.
Nun ist die eingebaute MC Vorstufe in meinem StSt Agmen Vorverstärker sicher ein feines Teil und wurde auch schon häufig mit der legendären Omtec Antares verglichen. Trotzdem - ein neuer Phono Pre sollte her, nur welcher? Richtig gute Transistor Phono Pres sind sündhaft teuer und Übertrager mag ich auch nicht, also recherchierte ich mal über Alternativen wie den Reußenzehn Tube Phono Preamp. Und stieß dann im Analog Forum auf Foristi die schon viele Phono Preamps probiert hatten und ganz euphorisch über einen ganz exquisiten Röhren Phono Pre berichteten, der in Portugal von einem Röhrenenthusiasten in Handarbeit gefertigt wird. Ich dachte zunächst, mir sowas sowieso niemals leisten zu können und war dann ganz elektisiert als ich erfuhr daß der Preis noch nicht mal vierstellig war! Also nahm ich zu Joaquim Pinto Kontakt auf und nach einigem Austausch per E-Mail bestellte ich dann den Phono Pre namens Brutus, ohne ihn jemals gehört oder in natura gesehen zu haben!

Ihr könnt euch meine Aufregung und Anspannung vielleicht vorstellen, als ich nach ca. 2 Monaten tatsächlich Post aus Portugal erhielt. Mit zitternden Händen packte ich das Paket aus. Eine Sorge war natürlich, wie der Amp in natura aussehen würde - und war spontan begeistert! Optisch präsentierte sich der Brutus samt externem Netzteil als schlichtes aber sehr schönes, absolut sauber aufgebautes Gerät. Geziert werden die Frontplatten der beiden Gehäuse zudem von einem der coolsten und schönsten Logos das man auf einem Hifigerät finden kann. Wow!

Leicht irritiert war ich über die beiden beigepackten Röhren - sollten die etwa noch gesteckt werden müssen? Also schraubte ich das Gerät auf, und staunte wieder.
Der innere Aufbau ist bestechend einfach und basiert auf lediglich 4 Röhren und wenigen passiven Bauteilen in wunderbar sauber ausgeführter Handwerkskunst.
Die Röhren steckten fest in den Sockeln, also waren die beigepackten als Ersatz für alle Fälle dabei. Super!

Also unverzüglich das Gerät aufgestellt, angeschlossen und eingeschaltet. Nach einer Aufheizzeit von einigen Minuten ein erster, erfolgreicher Funktionstest. Ok, schön, kein Brummen - aber wie steht es mit Rauschen? Im allerersten Moment dachte ich ups, das ist doch wenig hoch, wie befürchtet, stellte dann aber fest, daß der Brutus über eine immens hohe Verstärkung verfügt und somit die Lautstärke am Vorverstärker ein ganzes Stück weiter runter als gewohnt gedreht werden musste. Mit normalen bis hohen Hörlautstärken ist das Rauschen dann sehr gering und liegt weit unter den Abtast- und Eigengeräuschen einer sauberen, gut gepressten LP.

Ja, und wie klingt das ganze denn jetzt? Nun, der Brutus hat seinen Namen nicht zu unrecht, er kann nämlich ganz schön brutal zulangen!
Der erste Eindruck war geradezu überwältigend. Was ich da an Dynamik und Baßgewalt zu hören bekam, war neu für mich. Sollte der Brutus ein Grobmmotoriker sein? Nein, ganz im Gegenteil, auch Klangfarben und Feinzeichnung sind erste Sahne, der Brutus lässt zudem eine riesige Bühne entstehen mit genauer Staffelung in Breite - Höhe - Tiefe und körperhafter und felsenfester Abbildung. Auffällig ist auch das wie reduziert wirkende Abtastgeräusch. Wird hier etwa was unterschlagen? Fehlanzeige: paradoxerweise präsentiert der Brutus geradezu eine Flut an Details, die perfekt ins musikalische Geschehen eingebunden sind.
Laute und komplexe Passagen schüttelt er ungerührt aus dem Ärmel, unkomprimiert und völlig unangestrengt. Es darf gerne auch mal laut werden, ohne daß irgendwas drückt.
Dann, mit wieder leicht zittrigen Händen, mein persönlicher analoger Härtetest: der Beatles Song "Across the Universe", und zwar in der Interpretation von Laibach (von der LP "Let it Be"). Wunderschön von Frauenstimmen fast a capella gesungen, leider zeigte sich aber die Aufnahme bisher immer latent unsauber und leicht zischelig. Nun, wunderbarerweise klang nun auch das so sauber und schön wie nie! Voilà, spätestens ab nun macht sich Entspannung breit und genußvolles Hören ist angesagt.

Probeweise wechselte ich mal das beiliegende Netzkabel degen ein ViaBlue X-40 aus, welches an vielen Komponenten wahre Wunder wirkt. Nicht so beim Brutus, der Klang änderte sich marginal, und nicht unbedingt zum Guten. Ich muß das noch intensiver testen, jedenfalls finde ich bemerkenswert, daß ausgerechnet dieses Kleinstseriengerät dermaßen reif und "fertig" ist, daß gar kein Bedarf oder Wunsch nach Verbesserung oder Tuning aufkommt. Der Brutus ist auch sehr bedienerfreundlich, ist nämlich klanglich schon bald nach dem Einschalten voll da und muß auch nicht lange eingespielt werden, da Joaquim Pinto mit jedem gebauten Gerät selber zuerst intensiv hört und es erst versendet, wenn es seinen Ansprüchen genügt.

Was soll ich sagen, dieser wunderbare portugiesische Tube only MC Phone Pre hat mich in kürzester Zeit völlig überzeugt und mein Herz im Sturm erobert!

Manchmal wird man reich belohnt, wenn die Bereitschaft da ist, ausgetretene Pfade zu verlassen und durchaus auch ein klein wenig Risiko einzugehen.

Jedenfalls steht mein Entschluß fest, irgendwann selber nach Portugal zu fahren und Joaquim Pinto, den Menschen und Magier, der hinter diesem Wunderbaren Produkt steckt, auch persönlich kennen zu lernen.

LG
Manfred

Nachtrag:
Der Brutus ist nicht das einzige Produkt von JPAmplifiers, das Hauptaugenmerk von Joaquim Pinto gilt nämlich einem Röhren-Vollverstärker namens Viriatus, der dem Hörensagen nach mit jedem Lautsprecher klar kommen und auch sonst was ganz besonderes sein soll.
Für mich ist der Viriatus jedenfalls der Top Favorit auf der Liste für den potentiell "endgültigen" Verstärker.

English version für my friends from AAP (audioanalogicodeportugal.net)

And Now for Something Completely Different ...

Today I want to tell you about my latest and completely "non-digital" achievement, which is something very special for me in many ways.
It's all about the tubes MC Phono Pre Amplifiers Brutus by Joaquim Pinto from Portugal.
Now what's so special about Brutus ? The most striking technical detail is that the pre belongs to the very rare species of tubes-only MC Pres. No transformer and certainly no semiconductors or OPs are found in the signal path. It is often claimed that this is physically impossible due to the intrinsic noise of tubes of, but Brutus proves impressive but the opposite ...

Well, but now from the beginning. For a too long time my analog setup did not sound as good as it should and therefore was used only occasionally. As Drazen then discovered analog for himself, it grabbed me again and I worked on my turntable, a very rare Mythology Zeus with an almost as rare Mission Mechanic tonearm. This should actually almost guarantee good sound, so I fiddled around for hours on the bearing clearance of the tonearm and fixed a small problem with the anti-skating spring. Voilà, that actually led to a breakthrough and analog made fun again! A significant contribution also came from using the Viablue B-6 cable as phono cable. Now, at least analog did reach the same level as digital, but I wanted more.
Now the built-in MC pre of my preamp StSt Amgen is certainly fine, it has been often compared to the legendary Omtec Antares. Nevertheless - a new phono pre was what I wanted, but which one? Really good transistor phono Pres are outrageously expensive and I do not like transformers, so I researched over alternatives such as the Reußenzehn tube phono preamp. And finally, in the analog forum I found Foristi who had tried many phono preamps and euphoricly reported about a very exquisite Tube Phono Pre, hand-built in Portugal by a tube enthusiast. I initially thought I never would be able to afford such a preamp and then was struck when I learned about the price! So I contacted Joaquim Pinto and after some email exchange I finally ordered the phono pre called Brutus, without having ever heard or seen it!

You easily might imagine my excitement and tension when the parcel from Portugal after about 2 months was delivered. With trembling hands I unpacked it. One concern was, of course, how would it look in real life? I was spontaneously amazed that apparently the Brutus and its external power supply are well made and looking very nice and elegant. Plus on the front panels of the two cases you find one the coolest and most beautiful logos of hifi business. Wow!

I was slightly confused about the two enclosed tubes - should they have been removed for shipment? So I unscrewed the unit and was amazed again.
The visible internal structure is deceptively simple and is based on only four tubes and a few passive components in a wonderfully clean executed craftsmanship.
All tubes were stuck in their sockets, so the 2 tubes were enclosed as a spare. Super!

So I immediately installed the unit, connected it to the system and turned on. After a heating time of a few minutes the first, successful functional test. Ok, fine, no humming - but what about noise? In the very first moment I thought ups, that's a little high, as feared, but then I found that the Brutus has an immensely high gain and thus the volume on the preamp had to be turned way down. With normal to high listening levels then the noise is very low and well below the tracking noise of a clean, well pressed LP.

Yes, and how does the preamp sound now? Well, Brutus has not unjustly his name, he can slam quite brutally!
The first impression was almost overwhelming. The dynamics and bass power I got to hear were new to me. Should Brutus be a brute? No, on the contrary, tonal colors and fine detail are top notch. The Brutus shines also with a huge, well defined and layered soundstage, and palpable, rock-solid imaging. Striking is also the low groove noise. Is that at the expense of fine detail? Nope: paradoxically Brutus presents a veritable flood of details that are perfectly integrated into the musical scene.
Loud and complex passages unmoved he shakes off the cuff, uncompressed and completely effortless. It can be loud at times also without pressing anything.
Then, with slightly trembling hands, my personal analog endurance test: the Beatles song "Across the Universe", in the interpretation of Laibach (from the album "Let it Be"). Beautifully sung by female voices almost à capella, but unfortunately the recording sounded always latent unclean and with exaggerated sibilances. Now, it miraculously sounded as clean and beautiful as never before! Now relaxation and the pleasure in hearing is announced.

One time I changed the supplied power cord to a ViaBlue X-40, which works wonders on many components. Not so with Brutus, the sound changed marginally, and not necessarily for the better. I must test more intensively, at least I find it remarkable that precisely this small series device is so mature and "ready", that no need or desire for improvement or changes arises. Brutus is also very easy to use, sound is good soon after switching on and no long burning-in is required. Before shipping Joaquim Pinto does with every unit a first intensive listening and will not send to the customer it until it meets his standards.

What can I say, this wonderful Portuguese Tube Only MC Phono Pre has conquered my heart by storm!

Sometimes you will be richly rewarded if the willingness is there to leave the beaten path and definitely to take a little risk.

Anyway my plan is sometime to go to Portugal and meet the man and magician Joaquim Pinto who is behind this miraculous product - and probably some other nice people from Portugal!!!

LG
Manfred

Addendum:
The Brutus is not the only product of JPAmplifiers, the main focus of Joaquim Pinto is namely a Tube Amplifier called Viriatus who is said to cope with each speaker and it's supposed to be very special, too.
The Viriatus is now leading my shortlist for a "final" amplifier.
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQua Ago 07 2013, 13:29

As I wrought above, a magnificent review that reflects what many of us think about the Brutus. Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 754215 

A big thank to Manfred for having done such a nice translation for the AAP members.

Joseph Le Conte
MicroGruas
Membro AAP
MicroGruas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQui Ago 08 2013, 18:55

Check this cartridge out!
Best needle ever made with a new design to help dissipate stored energy!

It was designed by a chinese brand not known , Mau Audio

The needle is casted in a high qualitity inox iron

The sound is just amazing

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img89/4506/ahbb.jpg

By the way theres a waiting list of 3 years!
"Mau audio" means bad  audio
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQui Ago 08 2013, 19:35

microseiki escreveu:
Check this cartridge out!
Best needle ever made with a new design to help dissipate stored energy!

It was designed by a chinese brand not known , Mau Audio

The needle is casted in a high qualitity inox iron

The sound is just amazing

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img89/4506/ahbb.jpg

By the way theres a waiting list of 3 years!
"Mau audio" means bad  audio

I don't know it the cartridge is up to the Brutus standard.lol! 

Joseph Le Conte
Djlitss
Membro AAP
Djlitss

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQui Ago 08 2013, 20:52

Hi

Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 96146 

MicroGruas
Membro AAP
MicroGruas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQui Ago 08 2013, 21:03

Just The opposite!
Once you hear these cartridge you don' wanna hear anything else!!!

It really digs deep those notes in the record!!!!

Its a one and only experience!!!!

António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQui Ago 08 2013, 21:07

microseiki escreveu:
Just The opposite!

It'a a MB (Moving Bolt).Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 933723 

Joseph Le Conte
MicroGruas
Membro AAP
MicroGruas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 EmptyQui Ago 08 2013, 21:14

microseiki escreveu:
Just The opposite!

It'a a MB (Moving Bolt).Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 933723 

Mau audio, always on the edge tecnhology!
It never stops innovating!
Never fears the unknown!
Always a step ahead!

Moving bolt Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 754215 
Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 754215 
Conteúdo patrocinado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 2 Empty

Manfred's Presentation
Ir para o topo 
Página 2 de 8Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Seguinte