Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

Áudio Analógico de Portugal

A paixão pelo Áudio
Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

A paixão pelo Áudio
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

InícioPortalÚltimas imagensPublicaçõesRegistarEntrar
Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

Manfred's Presentation

Ir para baixo 
+30
Ghost4u
tomaz
raines1978
jcramos
afonso
EMCS
nbunuel
BVG
Djlitss
CNeves
jcl
Mister W
jpamplifiers
Superfrik
TD124
ricardo onga-ku
BAILOTE
Duarte Rosa
Rui Mendes
luis lopes
MicroGruas
Luis Filipe Goios
reirato
zaratustra
fredy
António José da Silva
Fernando Mota
Aspra
Milton
mannitheear
34 participantes
Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AutorMensagem
TD124
Membro AAP

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySex Jul 02 2021, 14:12

mannitheear escreveu:
Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20210611

The new transportable mini Can rack.... sunny

Hi man, very cool indeed ... its really a beautifull rack for your CanSystem!!!

Biz Man cheers
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
Goansipife
Membro AAP
Goansipife

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySex Jul 02 2021, 14:33

I still have no knowledge at all about German gears unless the very high end and costliest like Burmester and MBL ones.
Almost the same for the French brands and mostly for those Luso-French, which I even understand the reasons, but let me feeling with a huge pity for that.

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 424293

cheers

mannitheear, ricardo.canelas e Fernando Salvado gostam desta mensagem

mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySáb Jul 03 2021, 15:40

Goansipife escreveu:
I still have no knowledge at all about German gears unless the very high end and costliest like Burmester and MBL ones.
Almost the same for the French brands and mostly for those Luso-French, which I even understand the reasons, but let me feeling with a huge pity for that.

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 424293

cheers

German brands I like the most are Beyerdynamic, because they don't exaggerate on the current can hype, Dr. Feickert Audio for well engineered and beautiful turntables,  StSt for turntables with inhouse made direct drive and worldwide unique weight balanced suspension, Sonus Natura of course, Weidlich Audio for passive time coherent speakers, the Wall Audio tube amps and ME Geithain for their unique active monitors. But with the exception of Beyerdynamic and Geithain these are very small artisanal manufacturers with great flexibility. And all of them offer an excellent service level but avoid snobisic attitude.

But electronics like Antiton and JPA I couldn't find yet here...
Goansipife
Membro AAP
Goansipife

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySáb Jul 03 2021, 18:27

Yes Beyerdynamic too but the only stuff I have good knowledge is mine DT 880. Nothing else. Even Dr. Feickert Audio I've already heard talk about but never listen them to. The other ones unfortunatly none

Speaking about AntiTon only Anti Lenco and EnFase and I agree those two are amazing

cheers
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyQua Set 15 2021, 17:48

Just listening to Prokofiev  on the can system anTiTon antiDac and enFase with the AKG K701 - and having the original sound in the ear I'm not less than amazed. Underrated cans for authentic timbres, and the stage, resolution and definition are very mature, too!

PS: Honestly I did not listen with the AKG for very long time but believe at the moment I could happily live with this single can only.... Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 317942 crazy....but it's only valid with the extraordinary anTiTon can frontend!
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyQui Set 16 2021, 12:33

mannitheear escreveu:
... Underrated cans for authentic timbres, and the stage, resolution and definition are very mature, too!

PS: Honestly I did not listen with the AKG for very long time but believe at the moment I could happily live with this single can only...

I have the AKG Q701 and i like them very much... indeed the KXXX AKG's are underrated cans Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 22692

Biz
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyQui Set 16 2021, 13:22

TD124 escreveu:

I have the AKG Q701 and i like them very much... indeed the KXXX AKG's are underrated cans Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 22692

Biz

...except the K812, which is imho very overrated and has flaws which the driver of the K6xx and K7xx don't have...
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySáb Jan 08 2022, 20:18

The new self built audio rack has finally the space for all relevant components except turntable and phono pre.

All wood, no metal, no screws and variable shelf heights.

Surface is not treated yet, it will get a simple wood wax finish which will darken the color and intensify the wood grainManfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220110

tomaz, ricardo.canelas e Fernando Salvado gostam desta mensagem

TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySeg Jan 10 2022, 11:48

mannitheear escreveu:
The new self built audio rack has finally the space for all relevant components except turntable and phono pre.

All wood, no metal, no screws and variable shelf heights.

Surface is not treated yet, it will get a simple wood wax finish which will darken the color and intensify the wood grainManfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220110

Hi man, you've just glued the wood? Its really a nice work... you're becoming a wood master!!!

Its rigid? What kind of wood is used?...

Biz
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySeg Jan 10 2022, 14:14

Hi Paulo,

yes, the main idea is as rigid and light as possible with straight paths for dissipation of energy to the floor.

I was inspired by 2 German racks but adapted to available materials, my possibilities and skills and modofied to my needs and own ideas.

The frame is made from massive beech, the shelves are plain MDF and doubled with smaller birch plywood panels for more stiffness. The frame is glued with joints. The 3 main shelves (upper, lowest and middle) rest on 4 hardwood balls each (instead of spikes). The other shelves are only pushed into slots from behind.

Rigidity is as expected to the left and right but back and forth it's a bit flexing, so I will add 2 braces on the left and right side.
There are 2 more racks with about half the height in the make, one for the phono pres. and the other for the hometheater components.

It's far away from masterly, but I'm satisfied for the first attempts. The sound is also much better, of course! Wink

Biz, Paulo!
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySeg Jan 10 2022, 16:12

mannitheear escreveu:
...The frame is made from massive beech, the shelves are plain MDF and doubled with smaller birch plywood panels for more stiffness. The frame is glued with joints. The 3 main shelves (upper, lowest and middle) rest on 4 hardwood balls each (instead of spikes). The other shelves are only pushed into slots from behind...

Good work, its really a well thought rack... the shelves seem thin but you don't have very heavy material on that rack. If the system sound better this means that the rack is doing the job Wink
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Arrival and unboxing of improved Arno Phase 2   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySex Jul 01 2022, 17:17

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220610

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220612

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220611

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220613

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220616

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220615

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220614

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220711

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220712

tomaz gosta desta mensagem

Ghost4u
Membro AAP
Ghost4u

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySex Jul 01 2022, 23:54

Agradecemos por partilhar a recepção do novo brinquedo. cheers

mannitheear gosta desta mensagem

TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySáb Jul 02 2022, 10:07

mannitheear escreveu:

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220711

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20220712

Well, this is a real showcase of an Arno unboxing... you've done some great photos and this two i'll use them in the future if you give me permission Wink

Have you compared the stock Arno mains cable with the black special one? It will be interesting...

I'am preparing an operation called "travel & listen" in some countries and i'll speak of that soon here in the AAP... this could be a cool thing!

Tell us a bit about the sound since you've some time...

Biz Man

tomaz e Fernando Salvado gostam desta mensagem

mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySáb Jul 02 2022, 15:05

I sent you a mail with the pictures in better resolution.

Our daughter is here currently for a few days, so there is no time for real listening at the moment. I'll try the black special cable later! BTW which devices have the best benefits from a upgrade power cable? There are endless possibilities to combine and testing power cables is really a painful job ...
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySáb Jul 02 2022, 17:34

mannitheear escreveu:
... BTW which devices have the best benefits from a upgrade power cable? There are endless possibilities to combine and testing power cables is really a painful job ...

Thx for the pictures Man, i apreciate and i'm glad you've your daughter for some days with you... its more important than gear comparisions Wink

About the cable i had very good results with the Arno and the definitive version (yours) have been optimised with that câble. In fact its a unfinished cable project and i'm going to explain! For some time now i'm working on active polarized cables comparing the results with and without active biasing... this one was a surprise since it was better than the polarized version so i'll kept him like that and the Arno stock version is a simplified version of this one. With the Arno you will be able to ear the differences for sure...

In a general point of view i prefer the cables that give audible good results to be plugged in the sources... i guess that Enigma will be happy to be feed by him! But theory and experience sometimes aren't in the same mood so a try will be the best way to go. You can try at first with the new Arno Wink

mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyDom Jul 03 2022, 17:53

TD124 escreveu:

Have you compared the stock Arno mains cable with the black special one? It will be interesting...

I'am preparing an operation called "travel & listen" in some countries and i'll speak of that soon here in the AAP... this could be a cool thing!

Tell us a bit about the sound since you've some time...

Biz Man

Today I had a bit time to listen, but did not yet compare the mains cables...

It's a not easy to write about Arno sound!

The first track I listened was "Dance with Waves" from the Anouar Brahem Album "The Astounding Eyes of Rita". What can I say: I never heard the magical bass clarinet on the left channel so focused, materialised but floating like "out of nowhere" and heavenly nuanced! The microdynamics are exceptional and I suppose this makes all kind of music sound as subtle and heartfelt as one can wish! And on the other hand, the stage is perfectly organised, the instruments and voices have the natural substance, bass is deep, full and tight. Macrodynamics and attack are great, despite of the small size and relative lightness of the amplifier, all is pure and naturally flowing but extraordinary detailed at the same time without any artificial edge. Currently the "La Folia" vinyl is spinning: the dynamic attacks are frightening and shake the room without any audible compression and Arno remains totally unimpressed.
2cclzes

For me and now, this Arno does simply everything I would want or expect from an amplifier!

Bold words, I know, but this Arno is now already after only a few hours of listening for me one of the handful of endgame devices I was lucky enough to discover the last years!

Biz, Paulo!

TD124, agorgal e ricardo.canelas gostam desta mensagem

TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySeg Jul 04 2022, 12:30

mannitheear escreveu:
... For me and now, this Arno does simply everything I would want or expect from an amplifier!

Bold words, I know, but this Arno is now already after only a few hours of listening for me one of the handful of endgame devices I was lucky enough to discover the last years!...

Yeah Man, thats great and i'm glad of your joy. Your words are almost the same than Pat so, beside the different systems, its possible to have similar results. You have listened the Arno with the Extremi or with the Ref8Sign?

Pat with the first Arno had excellent results with the Anniversary's and a bit less with the Davis Monitor One... but now he says that both work wonderfully! Infortunately i wasn't able to go check (listen) last week in his room. I get a lot of pleasure with yours here at home with the D80's R despite they're hard to drive...

Biz Man
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySeg Jul 04 2022, 14:25

Hi Paulo,

until now I did listen only with the Extremi.

Biz!
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyQui Jul 07 2022, 19:47

TD124 escreveu:

After the first hours with the white stock cable and some hours with the black special one I made a first comparison. At first I thought the black special could be a bit "too much" of everything, it appeared more defined, more accentuated and has better dynamics. But the white one sounds in comparison even a bit soft and vague, so the black seems indeed the better cable with a "blacker" background.

Can you tell me how the anTiTon power cables I already have can be categorised qualitatively?

in chronological order:

- round cable with silver-grey sleeve (thicker)
- round cable with silver-grey sleeve (thinner)
- braided cable black
- braided cable black/blue
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySex Jul 08 2022, 10:03

mannitheear escreveu:
...Can you tell me how the anTiTon power cables I already have can be categorised qualitatively?

in chronological order:

- round cable with silver-grey sleeve (thicker)
- round cable with silver-grey sleeve (thinner)
- braided cable black
- braided cable black/blue

Well i don't think in quality but in result cos a cable can give better results in a Dac than in an amp or the opposite. With great amplifiers and préamplifiers i would consider the special black as the better and the others like that:

1 round cable with silver-grey sleeve (thicker)
2 round cable with silver-grey sleeve (thinner)
3 braided cable black/blue
4 braided cable black

But with some Dacs or phonos the braided cable black/blue may give superior results so only a try can say wich is the best...

Biz Man
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyQui Jan 12 2023, 21:38

After long silence I think that I found something that transforms the system to a new level by adding a sense of natural energy dispersion which I wanted desperately since I heard that in Pat's system but couldn't really achieve!

As Paulo told me recently: if the music plays in front of you, what more could you ask for?

It's a speaker cable made of an inexpensive industrial cable from Lapp. Instead of using a 4 x 6 qmm configuration ( i presented it here but the old one was not transparent enough with the Extremi) the new cable uses a 16 x 0,75 qmm variant.

My single hope is that it's not only a dream.  Cool

TD124 gosta desta mensagem

mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyDom Jan 15 2023, 14:34

Here some funny photos from the current setup which is necessary because the cable I have for evaluation is only 3 m long but normally 6 m are needed.
Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20230112

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20230111

As high end rack serves the well known 5 Euro Ikea Lack table which became famous decades ago as turntable stand for LP12....

TD124 e ricardo.canelas gostam desta mensagem

ricardo.canelas
Membro AAP
ricardo.canelas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySeg Jan 16 2023, 09:47

Hey Mann,

I've always been a fan of more, smaller strands. Just as an example, the internal cabling of my loudspeakers have 70 strands per phase.

What would you say are the largest aural differences to the previous cable?
https://cinnamonaudio.com/
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySeg Jan 16 2023, 17:48

ricardo.canelas escreveu:
Hey Mann,

I've always been a fan of more, smaller strands. Just as an example, the internal cabling of my loudspeakers have 70 strands per phase.

What would you say are the largest aural differences to the previous cable?

Hi Ricardo,

the largest difference is a feature of the system I've been looking for years but was not able to achieve the desired extent. It is the sensation I wrote many times about, namely that the energy of the instruments and voices seem really to emerge from the place where they are virtually placed instead of a plain projection.
The new cable means a major progress for me in this regard. Hand in hand comes an increase of the illusion of the recording space. It's better defined and at the same time more real in the sense that it is completely detached from the listening room, speakers etc.
But there is even more, like more natural timbres and greater coherence in the sensation that for example percussion instruments have bigger impact without being louder or because some frequencies are enhanced, on the contrary my old cable seems to glow more in the presence, but in comparison that glow feels artificial.
With all that comes the impression of a more real and touching presentation.
Of course all these differences are subjective and subtle but at large the difference is for me very big, although I expected nothing like that also because the price of the new cable is a fraction of the old and the cable material itself is far from audiophile or exclusive but generic industrial.

cheers

TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySeg Jan 16 2023, 18:05

ricardo.canelas escreveu:
... I've always been a fan of more, smaller strands. Just as an example, the internal cabling of my loudspeakers have 70 strands per phase...

In the past, French audiophiles had great regard for a type of industrial cable called Leonische! This industrial cable for mobile measurements was made of more than 600 strands for a copper diameter of 2.5mm².

A French brand of cables that I really like (Esprit Cables) continues to manufacture according to this technique... but there are different and sometimes contradictory schools on the internal geometry of speaker cables... and others too Wink

mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySeg Jan 16 2023, 18:18

TD124 escreveu:

A French brand of cables that I really like (Esprit Cables) continues to manufacture according to this technique... but there are different and sometimes contradictory schools on the internal geometry of speaker cables... and others too Wink

I was tempted to look for Esprit cables, but they are rather expensive and currently I don't want to spend that amount of money for the system. Actually I didn't search for a speaker cable at all but got the offer to try one and accepted, but honestly more out of solidarity or friendship than real interest because I did not believe that it could bring me further.

TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyTer Jan 17 2023, 17:16

mannitheear escreveu:
... I don't want to spend that amount of money for the system. Actually I didn't search for a speaker cable at all but got the offer to try one and accepted, but honestly more out of solidarity or friendship than real interest because I did not believe that it could bring me further.

One of these days you can try this ones that have the same technology as Esprit and Ricardo likes. You have a silicone dielectric and very thin strands of copper... a bit like a Litz without individual insulation Wink

Its what i use in internal on my Massaï speakers...

Silicone thin strand cable
Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 S8a50b10

Biz Man

mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyTer Jan 17 2023, 21:52

Hi Paulo,

The Lapp cable has 16 cores and each core 0,75 sqmm.
8 cores are used for + and 8 for - which gives a healthy 6 sqmm in total.
I wonder what the influence of this structure is on the sound.
Perhaps the C and L has a good relation or electromagnetic interference is minimized by the multi-Quadcore structure or whatever.
Insulation is PVC and the conductors are specified as fine copper strands but without Information of the diameter. It's surely not as thin as the silicone cable you suggested.

Biz!
ricardo.canelas
Membro AAP
ricardo.canelas

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyQua Jan 18 2023, 11:28

Hey,

There is a 'simple' way to run a controlled experiment, with controlled costs if you want Mann.

Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20210411Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 20210412

These are the cables I use of the umbilical on the cassia, because I need the phases for each channel from the x-over. Ping me if you want the reference or you want me to build you some 'normal' 2 phase loudspeaker sets Smile

https://cinnamonaudio.com/
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptyQui Jan 19 2023, 20:39

TD124 escreveu:

Its what i use in internal on my Massaï speakers..

At first I thought these Massai speakers were your fullrangers from tabula rasa but in the rodar topic you mentioned that they are new?

Just curious Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 447836

Biz, Paulo!

TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 EmptySex Jan 20 2023, 11:33

mannitheear escreveu:
TD124 escreveu:

Its what i use in internal on my Massaï speakers..

At first I thought these Massai speakers were your fullrangers from tabula rasa but in the rodar topic you mentioned that they are new?

Just curious Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 447836 ...

Well, Yes! these are the last and definitive version of my Massaï... the driver have been changed, and modified by me, also i've modified a bit the internal damping, the size remains the same! This changed completely the sound cos i've lost 1 or 2dB and a bit of speed but received in change a better bass, linearity and better integrated highs with a very beautiful medium (voices and baroque strings are just superb). With Arno it sounds really very "audiophile" with a magical compensation... this first pair goes to Stephane to replace his Ref8Sign!!! Biz Man...
Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 Massaz10

ricardo.canelas e Fernando Salvado gostam desta mensagem

Conteúdo patrocinado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred's Presentation   Manfred's Presentation - Página 8 Empty

Manfred's Presentation
Ir para o topo 
Página 8 de 8Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8