Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

Áudio Analógico de Portugal

A paixão pelo Áudio
Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

A paixão pelo Áudio
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

InícioPortalÚltimas imagensPublicaçõesRegistarEntrar
Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)

Ir para baixo 
+5
Mister W
ricardo onga-ku
José Miguel
reirato
TD124
9 participantes
Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2
AutorMensagem
António José da Silva
Membro AAP

Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)   Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 EmptySeg Dez 21 2015, 14:27

...and (I almost forgot the most important), good friends that can put all this together. Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 754215
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
Luis Filipe Goios
Membro AAP
Luis Filipe Goios

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)   Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 EmptySeg Dez 21 2015, 14:30

Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 754215
2cclzes 2cclzes 2cclzes
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)   Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 EmptyTer Dez 22 2015, 11:01

On saturday evening I could finally to Paulo's favourite toys - the headamp and some very nice cans.

heart of the headamp is of course the TTLD circuit, and, because it has a quite low output impedance and cans need much less power than speakers, there is no need for a power stage. What I listened to was the pure TTLD true hybrid.

Cans were from AKG, Shure and Ultrasone. Perhaps Paulo can add the correct model names. For comparison I had my own Koss DJ-200 with me. The music was digital from a laptop, connected via USB to a special evaluation version of the Henry Audio USB DAC.

I have a bit experience with heaphones and used some years ago very much a Sennheiser HD-580 Jubilee with Brocksieper Earmax, a STAX Gamma Pro with SRM-1 MK2 and a AKG K-1000.

So I can say, that the TTLD headamp goes further than what I was used to. While all the cans had of course a different sound signature, it was more a matter of personal liking which to prefer. My favourite would be probably the Shure which seemed to me the most neutral. But the differences between the cans were minor for listeing pleasure.

Due to the ultimate transparence and the automatic impedance matiching of the TTLD it was easily possible to listen very deep into the recording with each of them and to enjoy the power and essence of music.

The headphone system had much parallels to Patrick's system, while I had the slight impression that the complex and puzzled out digital chain chez Patrick did even go a tad deeper into the mix than the Henry Audio. But - I'm not sure, if this is really the case or only an impression, because the imaging of speakers is quite different to cans.

Finally, listening to cans in such a refined way is a good option to speakers. A headphone system is cheaper, takes much less space, has full audio bandwith without problems or restrictions in the bass and you can listen at any time as loud as you want. (Sometimes it has to be loud, for example with some rock, electronica or powerful Jazz like Nik Bärtsch's Ronin...)

Meanwhile Paulo prepared a very delicious menu and we could enjoy the "ravioles à la ricotta et petits légumes", "œufs brouillés à la truffe" and "quiche aux poireaux et roquefort", together with friends of Paulo and his wife. Vegetarian - and ultimate tasty!
Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 2441895546

And, of course, there were some more bottles of fine wine...

PS:
The world is small. When the friends arrived, the woman talked some German words to me. As it turned out, she made a student exchange many years ago - in exactly the same small German town in the beautiful (but cold) "Allgäu" region where I went to school for 3 years and met my later wife. I like these coincidences.
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)   Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 EmptyTer Dez 22 2015, 13:14

mannitheear escreveu:
The headphone system had much parallels to Patrick's system, while I had the slight impression that the complex and puzzled out digital chain chez Patrick did even go a tad deeper into the mix than the Henry Audio. But - I'm not sure, if this is really the case or only an impression, because the imaging of speakers is quite different to cans. ...

The headamp was connected with carbon cables that have a very smooth and less dynamic aproach..., maybe it made a difference also but, anyway the Henry doesn't have the Pat's Dac dynamic and harmonic rightness...

cheers
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)   Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 EmptyQua Dez 23 2015, 14:35

Now, having the Eden integrated amplifier here in my system, I get much of the magic I heard at Pat's system and with the headamp system.

But, to get the most, I had to change the interconnect and sp!aker cables. What worked best with my other amps, veils the sound with the Eden. Of the cables I have around, simple solid core cables work best.

When finally I have Nirvana here, I've to tackle the cable question seriously.

A todos um bom Natal!

rendeer rendeer rendeer
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)   Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 EmptyQua Dez 23 2015, 16:52

Amigo Paulo.

Já que falamos de preamp de headphones, achas que em relação ao amp que tenho (que também é teu) e esse teu novo amp, consideras que entre o que tenho e esse que desenvolvestes existem diferenças substancias e que a aquisição desse seria um grande upgrade, ou neste caso existem similaridades entre ambos?

Manfred, all of the many things you report in your posts sound like a loot of fun to me. Music is very important in our lives, but friendship surprasses all of it. Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 754215

If what I'm hearing is colouration, then bring on the whole rainbow...

The essential thing is not knowledge, but character.
Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)   Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 EmptyQua Dez 23 2015, 17:24

António José da Silva escreveu:

Manfred, all of the many things you report in your posts sound like a loot of fun to me. Music is very important in our lives, but friendship surprasses all of it.  Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 754215

Dear António,

yes, you're right of course! And, when you can have it all together: friendship, great music, excellent food and wine and last but not least exceptional handcrafted hifi gear, you can imagine that this was for me a weekend outside of the usual time and space, but rather a piece of heaven!

Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 936335

Cheers
Manfred
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)   Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 EmptyQui Dez 24 2015, 16:38

...Já que falamos de preamp de headphones, achas que em relação ao amp que tenho (que também é teu) e esse teu novo amp, consideras que entre o que tenho e esse que desenvolvestes existem diferenças substancias e que a aquisição desse seria um grande upgrade, ou neste caso existem similaridades entre ambos?  ...

Antonio, o teu amplificador é um circuito que desenvolvi em 1998 para o headamp Audiophile Technologie "Solitaire", então tém 17 anos de existência..., o que em si não diz tudo, mas diz algumas coisas. Penso ou espero ao menos, que em 17 anos tenha feito alguns progressos em audio...

Mais seriamente, o novo circuito é melhor em tudo simplesmente... senão não o teria feito nem estamplihado da minha nova marca..., e pessoalmente penso que é simplesmente uma das melhores coisas que realizei !...

Mas, não sou em nada objectivo dizendo isto..., mas como são os outros que apregoam e afirmam alto !!! cheers

Abraço e bom Natal com os teus !!! santa
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)   Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 EmptyQui Dez 24 2015, 17:02

TD124 escreveu:
...Já que falamos de preamp de headphones, achas que em relação ao amp que tenho (que também é teu) e esse teu novo amp, consideras que entre o que tenho e esse que desenvolvestes existem diferenças substancias e que a aquisição desse seria um grande upgrade, ou neste caso existem similaridades entre ambos?  ...

Antonio, o teu amplificador é um circuito que desenvolvi em 1998 para o headamp Audiophile Technologie "Solitaire", então tém 17 anos de existência..., o que em si não diz tudo, mas diz algumas coisas. Penso ou espero ao menos, que em 17 anos tenha feito alguns progressos em audio...

Mais seriamente, o novo circuito é melhor em tudo simplesmente... senão não o teria feito nem estamplihado da minha nova marca..., e pessoalmente penso que é simplesmente uma das melhores coisas que realizei !...

Mas, não sou em nada objectivo dizendo isto..., mas como são os outros que apregoam e afirmam alto !!! cheers

Abraço e bom Natal com os teus !!! santa

A ver se o trazes numa próxima oportunidade para ouvirmos isso. Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 693932

If what I'm hearing is colouration, then bring on the whole rainbow...

The essential thing is not knowledge, but character.
Joseph Le Conte
Conteúdo patrocinado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)   Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II) - Página 2 Empty

Manfred returns to visit td124 !!!... (Part II)
Ir para o topo 
Página 2 de 2Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2