Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

Áudio Analógico de Portugal

A paixão pelo Áudio
Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

A paixão pelo Áudio
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

InícioPortalÚltimas imagensPublicaçõesRegistarEntrar
Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

Which cans for on the go?

Ir para baixo 
3 participantes
AutorMensagem
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

Which cans for on the go? Empty
MensagemAssunto: Which cans for on the go?   Which cans for on the go? EmptyTer Jun 30 2015, 09:20

Currently I use with great success the IEM Sony MH 1C Smart Headset on my Smartphone in combination with Comply foam tips. These are available at 30 - 40 € and sound much better than the Klipsch and Etymotic IEM's I had before.

But sometimes I would prefer a light on-ear can with good isolation. I have yet a Koss Porta Pro with modified driver-grilles which made them sound quite good, but they provide zero noise isolation and are useless in a train or other noisy environment.

And, of course, they should sound excellent!

Cheers
Manfred
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
Milton
Membro AAP
Milton

Localização : Scalabicastro, naquele Jardim á beira, mal plantado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Which cans for on the go?   Which cans for on the go? EmptyTer Jun 30 2015, 09:52

http://www.whathifi.com/news/best-in-ear-headphones-to-buy-in-2014
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Which cans for on the go?   Which cans for on the go? EmptyQui Jul 23 2015, 07:22

Hi Milton,

Thank you very much but I don't believe so much in official press rankings.

Now I've found a very good can:

Koss Pro DJ 200

The sound is neutral, detailed and full bodied. Works surprisingly good even direct on smartphone and PC / Mac output. Could perhaps even be an overachiever on an good headphone amp. It plays everything from filigrane chamber music over jazz and big orchestra to rock and even metal. I found it superior to my Sennheiser HD 580 Jubilee in terms of bass definition, dynamics and handling of complex music where the Sennheiser begins to get a bit shouty where the Koss remains totally sovereign.

Shortcomings are the fake leather pads which are less comfortable than velours pads and that the pads will not cover bigger ears for a good seal which is essential for bass and neutrality.

Price is 210,00 € in Germany but it's much cheaper at the official distribution in Portugal.

http://www.esoterico.pt/pt/support/brand/view/type/price_table/id/24/

Cheers
Manfred

Milton
Membro AAP
Milton

Localização : Scalabicastro, naquele Jardim á beira, mal plantado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Which cans for on the go?   Which cans for on the go? EmptyQui Jul 23 2015, 10:22

Wow !! Really ??
The Jubilee's are my resident can's...
Must take a sneak at those can's...

Which cans for on the go? 22692
tfonseca
Membro AAP
tfonseca

MensagemAssunto: Re: Which cans for on the go?   Which cans for on the go? EmptyQui Jul 23 2015, 10:28

Currently I'm enjoying very much the Ostry Kc06. I've order based on the reviews and they live for the hype - detailed sound, do not have bass boom, very comfortable, thought isolation is not the best. If you want more isolation, there several other alternatives.

It appears that Chinese IEM are very good on these days, at least for the price.
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Which cans for on the go?   Which cans for on the go? EmptySex Jul 24 2015, 07:44

tfonseca escreveu:
Currently I'm enjoying very much the Ostry Kc06. I've order based on the reviews and they live for the hype - detailed sound, do not have bass boom, very comfortable, thought isolation is not the best. If you want more isolation, there several other alternatives.

It appears that Chinese IEM are very good on these days, at least for the price.

Interesting IEM!
Perhaps isolation can be improved with other tips like Comply Foam tips? These give me perfect seal for my Sony and former Etymotic IEM. The serial tips of both IEM are much less comfortable, tricky in use and don't offer the good seal and isolation of Comply tips.

Cheers
Manfred
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Which cans for on the go?   Which cans for on the go? EmptySex Jul 24 2015, 07:48

Milton escreveu:
Wow !! Really ??
The Jubilee's are my resident can's...
Must take a sneak at those can's...

Which cans for on the go? 22692

I'm quite serious about that. Music is a treat with them. Try them and tell us what do you hear and feel!

But you should't have too big ears and I would only buy at official Koss distribution. There are many Porta pro fakes around and I don't know if other Koss models are faked too.

And they are closed cans but without the coloration most closed cans have.

Cheers
Manfred
Conteúdo patrocinado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Which cans for on the go?   Which cans for on the go? Empty

Which cans for on the go?
Ir para o topo 
Página 1 de 1