Áudio Analógico de Portugal
Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

A paixão pelo Áudio
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

InícioPortalPublicaçõesRegistrar-seConectar-se
Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

Cheap Reference: Lapp speaker cable (DIY)

Ir em baixo 
AutorMensagem
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

Cheap Reference: Lapp speaker cable (DIY) Empty
MensagemAssunto: Cheap Reference: Lapp speaker cable (DIY)   Cheap Reference: Lapp speaker cable (DIY) EmptySex Out 19 2018, 13:29

This is a tipp from German Kellerkind Forum - a impressive sounding and massive looking bi-wire speaker cable.

You need:

• Lapp Ölflex 110 4G6 VDE 7090 (unshielded) in the desired length, one run per side.
  • BE CU Bananas (12 pcs. for single-wire amp-side and bi-wire speaker side)
  • shrink tube approx 20mm and 10mm (before shrinking)
  • fabric tube 17mm (ViaBlue or similar)
  • soldering iron which can handle 12mm2 cable

Assembling advice (c) by Micromara
Pull off the PVC sheath approx. 20 cm on each side, the inner insulation of the 4 cores is different in colour so take the opponent cores for phase respectively ground. (Note: for the circular terminal of my Tannoys I wanted a bit more freedom and pulled off the PVC sheath approx. 30 cm speaker-side). Strip approx. 1,5 cm from insulation at the speaker side and assign each core to ground / phase accordingly. Solder the cable ends on the LS side with Be-CU hollow bananas and shrink tubing over them. Strip approx. 2 cm from insulation at the Amp side and combine then 2 x 6 mm2 each to 1 wire a 12 mm2 - each for ground and phase.  Solder the cable ends on the amp side and connect them with Be-CU hollow bananas and shrink tubing over them (alternatively: Sinnoxx BE CU screwable banana plugs). You have to taper it a bit because the BE Cu can only hold 8-10mm2. Then pull the fabric hose ( important !!!) up to 17mm over the PVC jacket and fit the hose ends with shrink tubing.

Looks:
Impressive and massive, true high end!

Sound:
The sound is detailed, open, organic, natural and coherent. The cable needs a serious burn-in of up to 200 h before it will show it's full potential.

Note:
I look for fast, open, detailed and transparent sound and used DNM and other solid core cables for a long time. Therefore I hesitated building this cable because I assumed it would sound fat, slow and lacking transparency because of the cheap material and fat diameter. I was wrong.
analog_sa
Membro AAP
analog_sa

Cheap Reference: Lapp speaker cable (DIY) Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Cheap Reference: Lapp speaker cable (DIY)   Cheap Reference: Lapp speaker cable (DIY) EmptySex Out 19 2018, 14:25

Thanks for sharing!

Interesting and inexplicable.

No special conductors. no special dielectrics, no special geometry. Just very thick.

So, why does it sound good?

Cheap Reference: Lapp speaker cable (DIY)
Página 1 de 1

Permissão deste fórum:Você não pode responder aos tópicos neste fórum
Áudio Analógico de Portugal :: Cabos-
Ir para: