Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

Áudio Analógico de Portugal

A paixão pelo Áudio
Bem vindo / Welcome / Willkommen / Bienvenu

A paixão pelo Áudio
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

InícioPortalÚltimas imagensPublicaçõesRegistarEntrar
Fórum para a preservação e divulgação do áudio analógico, e não só...

Manfred visits td124 !!!...

Ir para baixo 
+6
Luis Filipe Goios
Mister W
mannitheear
António José da Silva
elso
TD124
10 participantes
Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3
AutorMensagem
mannitheear
Membro AAP

Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptyQui Set 25 2014, 14:57

TD124 escreveu:

No, a glass of Rosé is my trademark and is protected by law!... so you rest with your german bier Laughing

Pah, I will take this excellent one from the double bass vineyard just next door! Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 41jyReh2TWL
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptyQui Set 25 2014, 15:22

mannitheear escreveu:
TD124 escreveu:

No, a glass of Rosé is my trademark and is protected by law!... so you rest with your german bier Laughing

Pah, I will take this excellent one from the double bass vineyard just next door! Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 41jyReh2TWL

Das sieht lecker aus. Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 491368

If what I'm hearing is colouration, then bring on the whole rainbow...

The essential thing is not knowledge, but character.
Joseph Le Conte
CNeves
Membro AAP

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptyQui Set 25 2014, 19:41

Por falha minha só agora li este assunto.

Eu já deixei de me espantar com as maravilhas que o Paulo faz: limito-me a abrir a boca, e deixar o queixo cair até ao chão. Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 491368 (faz falta um boneco com o queixo caido)

Grandes gira-discos, sim senhor.  Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 843159

Bem hajas Paulo.

Boas audições
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySex Set 26 2014, 08:19

mannitheear escreveu:
TD124 escreveu:

I need one like that, I'm collecting them!!!... but I've better in an audiophile style...
Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 21boler

This one had a ageing on barrels, with music "on vinyl" from Sigur Ros, Ella Fitzgerald, etc...!!!
Yes, YES!, this is a wine that have grown listen to music on vinyl from jazz to post-rock, Yeeah Man!!!

Cheers
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySeg Set 29 2014, 09:03

Philips capacitors are on the way...

Cheers
Manfred
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySex Out 10 2014, 22:39

TD124 escreveu:

Now, you're going to buy 2 capacitors Philips 0.1µF 250v on ebay, and soldered them were is shown!!!

You will tell me the results when done!...

Cheers

Task completed.

I'm speechless!!!

Sound quality ist improved notable, nice thing, - but! musical communication, involvement and drama is dramatically, multiple times better.

Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 2900351820  Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 2900351820

That's insane, really....
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySex Out 10 2014, 22:57

mannitheear escreveu:
TD124 escreveu:

Now, you're going to buy 2 capacitors Philips 0.1µF 250v on ebay, and soldered them were is shown!!!

Cheers

Task completed.

I'm speechless!!!

Sound quality ist improved notable, nice thing, - but! musical communication, involvement and drama is dramatically, multiple times better.

Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 2900351820  Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 2900351820

Sometimes I get this urge to make people like Paulo an Joaquim hostage, hide them in a dungeon, feed them and force them to improve my system to desire. lol!

Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySex Out 10 2014, 23:19

António José da Silva escreveu:

Sometimes I get this urge to make people like Paulo an Joaquim hostage, hide them in a dungeon, feed them and force them to improve my system to desire. lol!

Good idea!
These men make me scare again and again! Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 317942
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySex Out 10 2014, 23:23

mannitheear escreveu:

Good idea!

I forgot to say that the dungeon is sound proof, they can scream as much as they like. Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 265963

Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySáb Out 11 2014, 10:22

Some more details:

Bill Evans Trio "Sunday at The Village Vanguard": the instruments were more defined and layered in depth with more "air" between. It was much easier to follow the melodies of Bill Evans and the interplay of the musicians. I could feel how Scott LaFaro plucked the strings, every note with it's individual finger force white the whole context hat more rhythm and swing.

Leonard Cohen "Songs form the Road": here also were the instruments better defined with a fine layering. I could feel the individual background voices and here the electric guitar were much more refined and lifelike. A nice detail were the palpable clapping hands from a group in the audience.

Ravi Shankars Concert for Sitar and Orchestra was overwhelming. The Orchestra was big and nice layered. The first solo of Ravi which I found always a little uninteresting was very intimate now and I was taken away when the dialogue of the sitar and the other instruments began, the sitar gives a melody and the others repeat and variate it. Great impact of the orchestra and much atmosphere.

I always had an idea how the track "Kraken" from Pirates of the caribbean soundtrack of Hans Zimmer. My system never got it with several DACs and CD-Player. Now, finally it got real! Dark, deep and threatening, dynamic without limits and absolutely stable sound stage swept me from my feet.

The useful sound volume range is increased. Yet at low levels all is there, and cranking the volume up does not get unpleasant.

The Olympic, while never sounding digital or sterile in the past, only a bit pale and overly clean and polite, now got almost analogue atmosphere.

Cheers
Manfred
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySáb Out 11 2014, 10:41

mannitheear escreveu:
...almost analogue atmosphere.

Almost, you're very lucky to have mentioned the "almost". Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 43034

(almost, but still miles away....)

Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 933723

Joseph Le Conte
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySáb Out 11 2014, 10:59

mannitheear escreveu:
... take the time you need!!! I'm very curious what to come ...

TD124 escreveu:
mannitheear escreveu:
... I do not want to be an audio designer ...

Man, I don't want to turn you on a designer, ...

Step by step, you are going to learn how to listen!... and in audio, learn how to listen is start to breathe!

Every changing in the Dac, will be audible and clear,... its a promess and no need to be engineer!!!...

TD124 escreveu:

Don't horry, we are going to make it at my way!... and this means a bottle of bier in one hand and iron solder on the other one!... and music at the end ...

mannitheear escreveu:
TD124 escreveu:

Cheers

Task completed.

I'm speechless!!!

mannitheear escreveu:
Some more details: ...

The Olympic, while never sounding digital or sterile in the past, only a bit pale and overly clean and polite, now got almost analogue atmosphere. ...

Well, I think that till now, the promises had became true and at the end you have more MUSIC!!!...

That's fine, and by now I don't think that the task is very difficult, not even very expensive... and it will be like that till the end, because audio is more a question of wisdom than €€€€€€ !!!!...

The sound is going to change in the 48hours to come, because the dielectric will be stabilised, its what some call "burn in"... so enjoy music, and listen to the differences... cos they are a lot more on the feelings side then the technical side... and is like that, the way to equilibrium ...

Cheers
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySáb Out 11 2014, 11:13

António José da Silva escreveu:
mannitheear escreveu:
...almost analogue atmosphere.

Almost, you're very lucky to have mentioned the "almost". Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 43034

(almost, but still miles away....)

Antonio is a very fine and good guy, but he is an "Analogue Templar"... so he doesn't understand, that there are not analogue sound, neither digital sound, but one only god... MUSIC!!! Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 848499

A great system, I mean really great !!!, doesn't have a transistor, tube, class A, triode, analogue, digital, etc... sound!... he just reproduces music, and hide all technological and material colours...

To get clear, a great system "should not have any sound"... and that's difficult to accept, because most of people want a precise color... even when they say thet's not the case...

Hopefully, we are in a thread where no one comes, so they don't know that we are in the church, discussing about the devil ... lol!

I want, and need to know more about your listening feelings for the suite!!!

Cheers
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySáb Out 11 2014, 13:53

TD124 escreveu:

Well, I think that till now, the promises had became true and at the end you have more MUSIC!!!...

That's fine, and by now I don't think that the task is very difficult, not even very expensive... and it will be like that till the end, because audio is more a question of wisdom than €€€€€€ !!!!...

Hi Paulo,

that is really true. Much more music for a small amount of money. And yet the Olympic is a laughable cheap device...

I thank you very much for sharing this wisdom here, it's absolutely priceless!

Cheers
Manfred
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySáb Out 11 2014, 14:11

TD124 escreveu:

Antonio is a very fine and good guy, but he is an "Analogue Templar"... so he doesn't understand, that there are not analogue sound, neither digital sound, but one only god...  MUSIC!!! Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 848499

A great system, I mean really great !!!, doesn't have a transistor, tube, class A, triode, analogue, digital, etc... sound!... he just reproduces music, and hide all technological and material colours...

Yes, and I say it again: the Audio and Hifi is full of opinions, experts, insufficient products and ideology and I'm really tired of that. I want simply to listen to the music, to dive into the music, nothing else!

To get clear, a great system "should not have any sound"... and that's difficult to accept, because most of people want a precise color... even when they say thet's not the case...

I admit that I like still a sound that's a little bigger than life...

Hopefully, we are in a thread where no one comes, so they don't know that we are in the church, discussing about the devil ... lol!

He he, we are in the off topic section so no one will find this heresy.

I want, and need to know more about your listening feelings for the suite!!!

Cheers
My expectations yesterday were low. I hoped to find anything to write about.
Even more, I was in a tired and exhausted condition, had a head and was near a cold. In such a mood I usually fall asleep while the music plays or shut the system off after half an hour or so...
But I was drawn immediately into the music and wanted to listen more and more.

Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 4019496139
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySeg Out 13 2014, 08:32

mannitheear escreveu:
But I was drawn immediately into the music and wanted to listen more and more. ...

Hi Man,

I hope that you've spent a good musical weekend!!!... tell me the news...
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySeg Out 13 2014, 09:12

O.k, yesterday was not my day... I listened for an hour or so and I'm not sure if it was because of a little sickness that caught me or if it is the burning-in effect. The sound was as detailed as before but the feeling of magic wasn't all the same as initially on friday night.

I experienced from other components and even cables that after a inital very positive impression there sometimes can follow times when the sound gets worse.

Parallel I eventually managed to get nice sound from my Shure M75. The built-in MM phono stage of my preamp turned out to be more suitable than the MM transistor Aikido from Mr. Otto.
Not nearly as good as I heard in your system, but not bad, either.
Only distracting thing are some nasty esses at times I could not tame. Turntable and arm is Dual 1229, needle is Ed Saunders, VTF is ca. 1,6 g.

Cheers
Manfred
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySeg Out 13 2014, 17:39

mannitheear escreveu:
O.k, yesterday was not my day...  I listened for an hour or so and I'm not sure if it was because of a little sickness that caught me or if it is the burning-in effect. The sound was as detailed as before but the feeling of magic wasn't all the same as initially on friday night.

As you've said "O.k, yesterday was not my day...", and it happens to all of us. Its normal to have doubts, when we make upgrades. Let work like that one day or two, and it will clear...

I experienced from other components and even cables that after a initial very positive impression there sometimes can follow times when the sound gets worse.

Don't work with cables or other accessories, it's the best way to get lost!... we always change, one thing at time, and one thing after another... don't try to compensate artificially what you don't have yet...

Parallel I eventually managed to get nice sound from my Shure M75. The built-in MM phono stage of my preamp turned out to be more suitable than the MM transistor Aikido from Mr. Otto.
Not nearly as good as I heard in your system, but not bad, either.
Only distracting thing are some nasty esses at times I could not tame. Turntable and arm is Dual 1229, needle is Ed Saunders, VTF is ca. 1,6 g.

The "esses", may come from your total capacity or phono cable. Try to play with VTA (let the VTF as it is) to see if they get better or worse... you can play also decreasing the antiskate!...

Cheers
Manfred
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySeg Out 13 2014, 18:42

TD124 escreveu:

The "esses", may come from your total capacity or phono cable. Try to play with VTA (let the VTF as it is) to see if they get better or worse...   you can play also decreasing the antiskate!...

The arm of the Dual has fixed height, so I have no possibility to change VTA

The Phono Pre has 47 pF, the original cable according to the Dual specialists about 150pF and I added an additional capacity of 300 pF.

The Dual is o.k. but has some major disadvantages. Either I try do modify it heavily or go Lenco.

Cheers
Manfred
Fernando Mota
Membro AAP
Fernando Mota

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySeg Out 13 2014, 20:27

Hi Manfred, is your Dual 1229 in original state?
What cartridge do you use in him?
Best regards
Fernando Mota
Membro AAP
Fernando Mota

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySeg Out 13 2014, 20:31

mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptyTer Out 14 2014, 03:03

Hi Fernando,

My Dual is original, too but I made a plywood plinth for experiments. The original black plinth is very light and resonant. I think it sounds best when using instead of the springs three thin and small rubber sheets between chassis and plinth.
I have a original Shure M75 and a Dual DMS 242. Tried other (more modern) cartridges too and was surprised how good it sounded with my Lyra lydian.

Cheers
Manfred
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptyTer Out 14 2014, 03:18

TD124 escreveu:

As you've said "O.k, yesterday was not my day...", and it happens to all of us. Its normal to have doubts, when we make upgrades. Let work like that one day or two, and it will clear...
Last evening the magic was there again. Most sttiking is the sense of the humanity in the music, how every single Note is played with slightly different force etc. But the music is at the same time displayed as a whole, it is so easy to feel the intentions and flow. It is like i understand now for the first time tracks i heard dozens of Times...
Orquestra
Hearing jay ho from slumdog millionaire quite loud caused totally goosebumps and tears in the eyes.
Cheers
Manfred
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySex Out 17 2014, 10:25

mannitheear escreveu:

The Dual is o.k. but has some major disadvantages. Either I try do modify it heavily or go Lenco.

Cheers
Manfred

I think that Lenco will be a safe and logic way out!!!... because you've heard the results !!!... and your Dual, have a lot of mechanics inside (resonances), and a less clever drive mechanism to expect the same results !!!...

Cheers
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySex Nov 07 2014, 11:10

A small update:

The olympic DAC has settled now und plays constantly very fine. My other 2 DACs have been out of work since then.
I'm a bit surprised why nobody seems interested in that little miracle...

Then, I will not longer follow the Dual path. While the Dual is undoubted a fine machine as it is, it does not quite match my demands. Probably it could be converted in a true audiophile machine, but not without major surgery and giving up the basic design principleof the 1229, which means full automatic.

But for now we can't await Paulo's insight report: "seduced again - by an amplifier" Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 265963
I hope he stopped drinking fine wine in the meantime. affraid
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySex Nov 07 2014, 11:47

mannitheear escreveu:
....it does not quite match my demands.

Your demands can't be that high if you satisfied with your new little digital rubbish.  Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 265963

Digital Audio - Like Reassembling A Cow From Mince  Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 1290056511

Joseph Le Conte
mannitheear
Membro AAP
mannitheear

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySex Nov 07 2014, 12:18

Seems so, I'm even satisfied with MC sound! Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 265963

Ah master, can you please tell me the best Brad Mehldau vinyl pressings? Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 936335
António José da Silva
Membro AAP
António José da Silva

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptySex Nov 07 2014, 13:16

mannitheear escreveu:
Seems so, I'm even satisfied with MC sound! Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 265963

And it´s the worst one, a shitty Lyra. Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 758687

Shame on you Man(fred) Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 933723

Joseph Le Conte
TD124
Membro AAP
TD124

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 EmptyDom Nov 16 2014, 12:33

TD124 escreveu:
mannitheear escreveu:
TD124 escreveu:

I need one like that, I'm collecting them!!!...

Cheers

Now I have the same one !!! Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 3832313845

Thanks' Man Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 438006128
Conteúdo patrocinado

MensagemAssunto: Re: Manfred visits td124 !!!...   Manfred visits td124 !!!... - Página 3 Empty

Manfred visits td124 !!!...
Ir para o topo 
Página 3 de 3Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3